Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lake Powell 2013

It is tradition to go to Lake Powell every year with my family. Our Lake Powell trip was set for the second week in July this year. That was right after our wedding. We didn't want to miss it so we decided to wait on the honeymoon and go to Lake Powell instead. I wouldn't miss a Powell trip for anything! It was so fun! Love our houseboat the "Dream Catcher".
 
I brought my friend Nathaly Calderon this year. She had never been to Lake Powell. Its beauty is amazing to anyone who sees it.


I was SOOOO happy my cousin Matthew Lee could make it down this year. He flew from California and we loved every minute with him. I miss him a lot and wish he lived closer. Bryce and I both really missed Matt when he left.

 My mom took us to hike these narrow canyons. Mike took us as far as he could on the boat.  We had to use the wave runners to get through the narrow parts and hike the rest.

There were tiny frogs and big toads everywhere!





This is why I am so weird. Do you see my mother rubbing mud all over her face? She was so funny making Kaden laugh by putting it all over her and saying it was anti-aging mud. Brian decided to join her and started gagging because the mud smelt so bad. My mom is hard core!






The water was so blue I felt like we were on a tropical island. 




Nat and I took some picture on this cliff. You can't tell its a cliff but if she took 3 steps forward she would have fallen off a 35 ft cliff! What a beautiful view!





Z is getting so big! He looks just like Kaden in this picture. Not a baby anymore!



That's my husband! How lucky am I?!


My favorite people!





View from the houseboat.

The Dream Catcher

K playing with his boat.

Ashley & Kim fishing on the paddle board.
















Bryce and I playing in the water

On the way to Powell I took the below picture from inside the car.  It was raining really bad in some spots and sunny in others.  Desert rain is so peaceful.
 
Lake Powell



No comments:

Post a Comment