Monday, August 12, 2013

Joe's Valley 8-10-13

We went to Joe's Valley for the weekend.  Emily, Bryce, and I met Dane Dulaney and Ryan Shelton in Joes. Ryan came down a day earlier and Dane drove from CO. My body will need all week to recover! So much fun as always!
 

Is that not the cutest Asian face you have ever seen!?
 
This boulder looked just like a face! Teeth and everything!
 
 

Ryan's Shoes have wings!
 
The boys on "Maxi Pad"
 


 
Bryce on "Grateful Dead"
 
"No Substance"

 
We hiked up to "Krackin" Highball V4. It was SO tall and scary to watch! Ryan went up first followed by Bryce & Dane.
 
This weekend I got to see what it would be like to have to hike around with a baby. NO THANKS! Hiked Queen Sophia up and down mountains & through the river all weekend! Exhausting!




 
We hiked up to a new problem I wanted to try called "Cobrakon". It is by far the best boulder problem I have ever tried! Its a giant tufa problem filled with heel hooks & knee bars. The hike was long because we got lost. Emily and I got pretty beat up on the way up and were exhausted by time we reached the boulder.  We worked it several times and got the first section and the last section but didn't have the energy to piece it together.  We were so sad to leave without sending but we know we will get it soon! I can't wait to go back! I haven't been able to get "Cobrakon" off my mind since.
 
 
This is where I keep falling off!
 
 
I wish I had more shots of Emily but Bryce accidently deleted them! I will get more when we send. Emily is such a good climbing partner and friend. She motivates and inspires me every day. I am so grateful for her. :)

 
 
 
The boys tried this problem called "Dunkin Donuts" V10. When I first walked up to it, it looked impossible! They tried lots of different beta and Bryce & Dane both sent it! It was both of their first V10! So awesome! Everyone was so psyched to be there!
 
 

 

This is what my legs looked like after only trying to climb one thing! And the backs are worse! Haha looks like I am in need of a rest day! Feels like it too!



 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome trip! Sad we couldn't make it but I'm sure there will be more opportunities this fall. Stoked for Bryce on his first v10! YEW!

    ReplyDelete