Thursday, February 13, 2014

Kauai 2014 Ke'e Beach & Poipu Beach

The moment I knew I was coming to Kauai, I wanted to hike the Na Pali Coast. One morning we decided to go to Ke'e Beach which is the last spot accessible by foot before the Na Pali coast. The plan was for Bryce & I to hike while the family spent time on the beach. When we got to the beach, the waves were so high that the beach was closed. It was already mid-day so we didn't want to start the hike that day. We ended up exploring some awesome caves near by. They were too wet to climb. We took a crash pad to Hawaii. Why? Because we were hopeful haha. But when we got there we realized most boulders were too wet and mossy to climb. The ones you could climb were not accessible this time of year because of the high tides. We ended up using our pad as a beach cushion. 








My favorite picture ever! My dad and the boys.








We then went to the other side of the island. We stopped by The Mariott and walked around their gardens and beach. We ate at Duke's and it was the best food we had on the island (and Bubbas Burgers). Sadly, we were disappointed many times by the food we ate. I think I ate at Duke's 4-5 times! haha! We had my dad's 53'rd Birthday dinner there. My dad is the most amazing person I know. None of this would be possible without him.  Everyday I try to be more and more like my parents. I am very blessed.











K is quite the photographer! 








We loved Poipu Beach! This beach had great snorkeling and SO much wild life. There were seals & sea turtles sunbathing right by us and swimming in the water. So incredible. Grandma and Grandpa Lee were fully clothed with coats and pants at the beach. They liked relaxing on the beach but were much more interested in getting back over to Costco. I thought it was funny. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment